Wednesday

Psalm 139: 13 -16 - December 23, 2009

Ps 139:13-16 For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. 14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. 15 My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, 16 your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. NIV

God knows you from the inside out! He knows your deepest thoughts. He understands you body soul and spirit. From the moment of conception God is conscious of your entire life. He knows where you have come from and He knows the fullness of everything that you will ever do. This truth is a vital aspect to living life to its fullest. David reflects not only on the wonder of God creating his human body, he is conscious that God created the inner being as well as the outer being. When God created us He didn’t just create a body, He placed within us our spirit and soul. These are the eternal parts of our being. Our bodies will decay and pass away, being replaced by a new glorified body for those who believe, but our spirit and soul will live forever with God.

Two principles make this knowledge vital to a full life: When we grasp the reality that God has formed us and that we are HIS wonderful creation it places great value on our lives. The Psalmist states I am…wonderfully made, and … your works are wonderful! That means that as God’s creation, I AM WONDERFUL! Secondly, when we understand the value of our lives it compels us to live that life to the fullest for the glory of God. Knowing that every day of our lives, past, present and future is already in the mind of God from before we are created invites us to live a life of purpose. If every day of our lives is recorded in the book of God then the implication is that every day matters.

Even when we were unformed, God was watching. God is a master craftsman and it is He who formed us and ordained our life purpose for us. It is because of this that David’s heart is filled with praise. God desires to fill your life with wonder as you live in the reality of the miracle that your life represents! God is intimately involved with your every moment on a level that is far more vital and engaged than most of us have comprehended. In verse 4 of this Psalm David marveled at this same principle Ps 139:4 “Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely.” Each one of us would be greatly benefited by continually stirring up this knowledge in our hearts: “My life matters and God is not only watching, He is working with me to make the most of my days!” Live today in the reality of the divine partnership.

No comments:

Post a Comment