Sunday

Psalm 63:6-8 - June 28, 2009

Ps 63:6-8 "On my bed I remember you; I think of you through the watches of the night. 7 Because you are my help, I sing in the shadow of your wings. 8 My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me." NIV

God is waiting for you in the night seasons! There is something about the quiet hours that wait for the seeking heart between midnight and the dawn. Is your bed a place of reflection? In the night is your heart turned to consider the greatness and wonder of God? Don’t waste those precious hours when the world around you is still. Invite the Lord to call to you. Stir yourself like the lover in the Song of Solomon and rise up to meet with the Lord in the night seasons when the world is quiet. Remember the Lord; think upon His word, sing to Him. In the night watches let his presence overshadow your heart and let songs of praise arise! David has gained understanding of the gift that the night time is to the worshipping heart.
God is our help and He wants to hear our voice. I remember during a season when the Lord was awakening me in the night with a longing to just sing in my prayer language before Him a dream that came after spending an extended time in worship. I was sitting with the Lord at a table and He spoke to me about my song and simply said, “I love it when you do that!” This little glimpse into God’s enjoyment of my weak but sincere praise fueled a much deeper sense of hunger and a much greater vision of the pleasure that our praises bring the heart of the Lord! As we sing to Him His presence overshadows us like the Holy Spirit did with Mary and our spirits are impregnated with the life of the Holy Spirit within us. Revelation comes, wisdom comes, peace comes, healing comes!
David relates through this passage a powerful aspect of this encounter upon his heart. Like Jacob wrestling with the angel resolutely refusing to let go until he has the desired blessing David declares, “My soul clings to you…” This is the compulsion that begins to grip that heart that knows the reality of what is available to us in the mystical realms of God’s presence. When we truly understand what is imparted to us and the revelation that awaits us there our hearts are touched by this same determination to cling to God’s presence until we “receive the blessing” in the same way that Jacob did, in the same way that David did, and our very nature is changed by the encounter. Saints of God, servants of the Lord, cling to Him and don’t let go until you have been changed by the blessing of divine encounter. There is satisfaction in God awaiting those who will rise and come after Him in the midnight hour!

No comments:

Post a Comment