Sunday

Psalm 91:9-11 - September 13, 2009

Ps 91:9-11 "If you make the Most High your dwelling — even the LORD, who is my refuge — 10 then no harm will befall you, no disaster will come near your tent. 11 For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways" NIV

Do you believe in angels? You should. Angels are around us at all times sent by the Father to minister to the saints. Heb 1:14 tells us a little bit about their role in the invisible realms of God when it says, “Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?” I met my guardian angel one time in a dream. You are free to believe or not believe the reality of this dream but its message opened my eyes to the realms of God that are beyond the seeing. In my dream I was working construction (which I was doing at the time), and I had fallen from a high point on a scaffolding. I was floating to the ground in the arms of an invisible being who had caught me as I was falling. He spoke to me and said these words: “I am responsible for you and your co-worker Michael and boy do you guys keep me busy!” The tone of his comment was light-hearted and friendly yet pointed in its emphasis of the reality that we had no idea just how often his intervention had saved us from much greater harm or calamity.
Verses 9-11 of Psalm 91 extend a significant promise of protection and intervention towards those who will truly dwell in God. Notice the distinction however that the psalmist is emphasizing. He is concerned not that we have a prayer life, not that we spend a little time in bible study. This place of safety that is being offered in Verses 9-11 is the result of a life-style not some godly habits. The place of safety is the place of consistent abiding. When we make the Lord our center and the core of every thought and activity then we will see the hand of the Lord surrounding us with mercy and grace. It is this place of focused, purposeful living in God that causes us to dwell in the path of safety. For those who live intimately with God He engages His heavenly hosts in a divine partnership to assist us as we live before Him. God promises to command His angels concerning us. What a promise. Angels are on assignment because of my life, when I am found living fully in Him! Hide yourself in Him today and live in confident faith that His angels are watching over you according to His word!

No comments:

Post a Comment