Saturday

Psalm 71:14-16 - July 25, 2009

Ps 71:14-16 "But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more. 15 My mouth will tell of your righteousness, of your salvation all day long, though I know not its measure. 16 I will come and proclaim your mighty acts, O Sovereign LORD; I will proclaim your righteousness, yours alone." NIV

There are times when we must stand in the face of every obstacle with a bold confession of faith. The psalmist is taking just such a stand as he confidently declares “as for me, I will always have hope!” What a powerful confession! These are the words of a resolute heart and they reflect a life that has learned to stand in the strength of God’s power. “I will always have hope.” This confession stands in the face of every trial, every hardship with unmovable certainty. This confession declares “I trust my God and I shall not be moved.”
Let every saint of God live with such assurance of faith. Let every heart sing God’s praise with this same boldness. The song of an experienced faith is a song that understands that there is no limit to the measure of God. When a life has been shaped by the experience of God’s power and faithfulness it cannot help but tell of the mighty things that the Lord has done. In every life God is at work to establish a testimony of His goodness. In every heart the Spirit of God is speaking, calling us to recognize the power of His invisible hand protecting and directing. When we have tasted of the depths of God’s goodness and power we cannot help but hope. We cannot help but praise! Once you have the taste of God in your mouth your confession is changed forever to stand as a voice to testify of God’s salvation for the generations to come.
Get the taste of God in your mouth. Press the limits of your faith in Him. Lean upon the Lord’s promises and move into the realms of the miraculous as you see the power of God breaking out on the right and on the left of you! The book of James says in James 4:2 that we “have not, because ye ask not.” KJV If we never apply the principles of faith by standing on the promises we will never get a taste of just how big our God is! Let today be the day that you through of the acceptance of a mediocre life and press into the abundant blessing that Christ has promise us by standing on the promises of God, then you will have a testimony that burns in you so brightly that you can’t stay silent!

No comments:

Post a Comment