Friday

Psalm 40:6-8 – May 8, 2009
Ps. 40:6-8 “Sacrifice and offering you did not desire, but my ears you have pierced; burnt offerings and sin offerings you did not require. 7 Then I said, "Here I am, I have come — it is written about me in the scroll. 8 I desire to do your will, O my God; your law is within my heart.” NIV

Have your ears been pierced by the spirit of God? God is not seeking religious sacrifice from His children. He is seeking for a heart that will listen to His voice. In 1 Sam 15:22 we are asked the rhetorical question "Does the LORD delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices as much as in obeying the voice of the LORD? To obey is better than sacrifice, and to heed is better than the fat of rams.” When we get the revelation that God is looking first for an obedient heart our focus changes from performing acts or duties to a goal of listening. If the priority of our lives before God is to obey his commands then self-generated religious works are of very little value. What takes on preeminence is now the need to listen. What is God saying? What is He asking of me?
The good news is that God will help us to hear! If we will quiet ourselves and set ourselves apart unto his presence with humble cries for help then, our God will pierce our ears with his voice. When our ears have been opened to Him and we are able to listen with confidence it is much easier then say to the Lord, “here I am, I have come…” Have you given God you’re “here I am?” When you surrender yourself to the voice of God your desires change. The more we cultivate God’s voice the more our hearts are awakened to love Him deeply. Every time I fall into a season of distraction from devotion the consequence is a dulling of the inner voice of God. When I keep myself in the place of listening Godly actions increase Godly desires. Consistency before God is rewarded with sensitivity to His voice and presence. If we will fan the flame of holy love before the Lord then in response the Lord will tenderize us and shape the very desires that drive us. The more we give ourselves to Him the more we want to give ourselves to Him. Today, start by giving God your “Here I am, I have come!” and see Him shape you from the inside out.

No comments:

Post a Comment