Thursday

Psalm 30:1-3 - March 26, 2009

Ps 30:1-3 “I will exalt you, O LORD, for you lifted me out of the depths and did not let my enemies gloat over me. 2 O LORD my God, I called to you for help and you healed me. 3 O LORD, you brought me up from the grave; you spared me from going down into the pit." NIV

Have you ever felt like you were down in the depths? David obviously did, and he is testifying to the victory that the Lord has brought him into. He cries out “O Lord, you lifted me!” When we learn to reach into the presence of the Lord, he lifts us up above our problems and gives us the victory over our enemies whether they are affecting our relationships, spiritual lives, emotions or circumstances. God delights in bringing us into victory so that our praise becomes His testimony in the earth. When God’s people overcome through the comfort and power that He gives, He is glorified! There is no praise when our enemies are triumphant over us, and so it is for the sake of His own reputation that God works to be vindicated in the life of His people. Our victory is His victory!
These first verses of Psalm 30 are a celebration of God’s victory in David’s despair! David has been down in the depths, he has felt the breath of his enemy breathing down his neck, and he knows the pain of sickness coming in the midst of difficulty. And yet in the midst of all of this David has found the source of his deliverance. Experience has taught him that there is no hope in looking to man and that his own abilities and wisdom are insufficient, but throughout his struggle he has discovered a God who is sufficient for every need. “You healed me…brought me up…spared me from going down:” David is celebrating the knowledge of a big God!
How big is your God? Do you live in the reality that “God will supply all of your need according to his riches in glory through Christ Jesus,” Ph’p. 4:19? David lived and praised in the light of an all sufficient God and these verses are an invitation for every one of us to discover this same all sufficient relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment