Monday

Psalm 9:1-2 - February 2, 2009

Ps 9:1-2 “A psalm of David. I will praise you, O LORD, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonders. 2 I will be glad and rejoice in you; I will sing praise to your name, O Most High.” NIV

Are you living a life of whole hearted praise? David is declaring his determination to give his whole heart as a worshipper before the Lord. I believe that this is a key facet of a life of passion. David demonstrated this passion in II Sa. 6:14 as he danced before the Lord with all of his might. He was not self conscious as he gave himself to the Lord in the dance but was fully abandoned to God. His response to those who stood by and mocked his passion was, “I will become even more undignified than this, and I will be humiliated in my own eyes.” David entered into a place where his acts of passionate worship were intended to be an act of humility and surrender in the eyes of God and man.
In this psalm David continues on to express his commitment to tell of the wonders of God, his commitment to be a voice for the king of kings. That is the powerful thing about such passionate living; it has to be expressed. In word and deed David was commitment to a life of wholehearted abandonment to the purpose and pleasure of God. Everything about him expressed a commitment to living the first commandment; “Deut 6:5-6 “Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.”
Each one of us is created to live our life with a passion that flows from wholeheartedness towards God. A divided heart waters us down and takes the fire out of life. Make a decision today to burn for one thing and one thing only, a wholehearted response to every word from the mouth of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment